We know exactly where you are coming from. Below we used some of the info we learned over the years to guide you along in the process.
Understanding Your Business Model
No two law firms are the same. Depending on experience, location, and more, there are a lot of factors to consider. However, many firms have similar goals and growth patterns. This is where several common tropes help you grow similarly as others.
There are several major uses of time that show the efficiency of a firm. For one, it is how much time is spent in the courtroom and outside of it. The extra care and time makes a major difference. More successful attorneys delegate administrative duties to others. I know that it’s hard to hire people right away or bring on partners as a young firm. However, the less time used “grinding” through boring tasks, the more time is used working on the bigger ticket items. It also makes you more efficient as an attorney and as a professional. Such patterns will also build upon themselves, allowing you to grow in your career.
There are many factors beyond time in and out of court. However, many issues and efficiencies come straight from these first ideas.
Michael Ehline is the head attorney at the Ehline Law Firm APLC, one of the leading personal injury and auto accident firms in California. He writes this column to help up and coming attorneys in their development.
Posts by Michael Ehline
- Vacaville Case May Shift Police Brutality Precedent
- Lawsuit Over Police Brutality of a Senior
- Not the First Time Google Abused Such Power?
- PR, Social Media, Content Marketing & SEO – A World of Rapid Changes
- How Will Google's EU Fines Affect PPC Bids?
- EU Slaps Google with More Antitrust Allegations
- Google Lawyers Up Over Extensive Probe
- Fight Between EU and Google Just Warming Up
- Tech Lobbying Money a Troubling Trend
- Google Seeks Self Driving Car Safety Exemption