Building a website used to be so easy, or so it seemed. The traditional markers for Google and other search giants following seemed so simple. Instead, there is a steady stream of factors ranking yours and millions of other sites. Below we can see some of the common mistakes and positive factors and determine where you stand.
Many webmasters think that their page’s ranking comes down to the articles themselves. There is a point to this, to be sure. However, the actual structure of your site is often far more important. A recent article on the Monday Note touched upon some of this. Part of the issue comes down to whether or not the genuine article or piece fits into a more or less traditional page format. How old is the actual domain? Was it an anonymous registration?
Each one of these factors into the site’s cred. Furthermore, the H1 tag is needed for a proper crawling by search engines. An appropriate author list of individual pages shows the scope of the site. Additional info, such as a related stories portion also builds the sit’s overall body. A contact page or ‘about us’ also establishes the legit site of the site. Many of the so-called ‘fake news’ site have none of the above.
How to Adapt to a Changing Web Landscape?
The list above is not a be all, end all. In fact, the metrics for credibility, both to Google and to readers changes regularly. Each person determines whether or not your site is to their tastes almost immediately. A savvy webmaster will worry more about the front-end issues, such as the site design itself, rather than what everyone else is tearing their hair out over. Both are important, and each shows the need for balance in modern web making. HTML 5 is upending the game– make sure that you are ready for it.
Posts by Michael Ehline
- Fight Between Google and EU Just Warming Up
- Will Paid Google Ads Withstand Allegations of Years Long Fraud
- Florida Case May Dramatically Change Legal Marketing Landscape
- The Decision to Outsource Legal Work
- Building Your Reputation With an Ethical Base
- Playing the Modern Public Relations Game
- Surfing the Online Review Game
- Google's Online Advertising Plan Will Make Things Work
- Uber Fires Controversial SDC Car Engineer
- Uber Murder Another in Long List of Rideshare Violence