Before Going Further, please take a look at your sponsors >>> here. This is a free event paid for with the help of fellow attorneys, vendors and the elbow grease of attorney Michael Ehline and SEO theorist, William Rock.
This will be a HIRL, which means, assuming Google Hangouts on Air is functioning properly, the live seminar will be simulcast live,worldwide on Google Plus. It is all here starting on Thursday, April 7 at 2:00 PM, Friday, April 8, 2016, at 10:30 am, and ENDING Saturday April 9, 2016 from 9:00 am to 3:00 pm (PDT) in Las Vegas, Nevada. We will have several speakers:
Dan Goldstein, Esq.: April 7, 2:00-3:00 pm will be talking about the benefits of using the full array of marketing options available to you rather than relying exclusively on SEO. His argument is that the whole is greater than the sum of the parts. And “the parts” include everything from aggressive social media marketing, video marketing, an effective online review strategy, display advertising, and marketing automation, among other things. It is all outlined in the book. He will hand out copies to attendees to support my points, but you can read it online now by downloading it here – http://marketing.page1solutions.com/acton/form/11593/0054:d-0001/0/-/-/-/-/index.htm.
Seth Price, Esq.: April 7, 4:00-5:00 pm – “Recent Changes and Local Search Optimization 101” Seth Price is the managing partner of Price Benowitz, a successful mid-size law firm in the DC Metropolitan Area as well as a co-founder of the interactive agency BluSparkDigital.com. Seth will be speaking about the recent changes to Local SEO, the benefits of optimizing for local search, and the best practices for breaking into the Three-Pack. Local SEO has undergone a number of significant changes over the last year, including the tools available for optimization and the appearance of local rankings in Google search results. Specifically, Seth will discuss how to optimize your GoogleMyBusiness page and website, and how to leverage local citations.
April 7 Mixer – 5:30-7:00 pm Meet and greet the attorneys and marketers. After this, we will break up into groups, hangout, or have dinner, etc.
DAY 2. April 8, 2016
William Rock: 10:30 am – 11:30 am
William is an expert at onsite SEO, and site audits. He is a well known face at the GooglePlex in Mountainview, CA. He will be speaking on ….
Break – 12:00-1:00
Johnny Base: 1:00-2:00 pm “How To Make Your Business Stand Out using DPedia”
Base was the Former “Freebase” expert, and he now has moved onto Wikipedia and DPedia, Base will be teaching us how to become a public figure, and get our firms into Wikipedia. This is probably one of the hottest topics in the SEO world now that we know Wikipedia no follow links are often ignored by Google, due to the authority of the site itself, and the brand building potential of Wiki is over the top.
Joseph Mas: 2:30-3:30 pm – “Getting the Most out of JSON and SCHEMA”
Joe Mas was a voice in the desert about schema and JSON markup, and since the last few Google Quality updates, his secret sauce has resulted in amazing results for the few attorneys who have retained his services, or followed his instructions on developing a proper on and offsite markup. Don’t miss this one, and don’t rely up Google and Youtube HOA to work. It rarely does. Be there, or be square.
Jeff Nadrich, Esq.: 3:30-4:30 pm Jeff is a personal friend of our founder, and he was one of the first personal injury attorneys to actually market on Google. He has survived Penguin and Panda, but not without tragedies along the way. He will be speaking on nationwide referral arrangements and the importance of fining lawyers who will actually pay the referral fees, and why Circle of Legal Trust helped solved that problem for many of us, due to our strict admissions guidelines. He will also speak on will lead a round table discussion by having everybody think at the beginning of my presentation of what they have tried in the last year and of what they tried what has worked and what has not – to help move the needle including the moves he made in the last year including the following:
- Outside vendors to do our work – our disappointment in them overall;
- Platform moving. From concrete5 to WordPress on our core sites and the difficulty therein;
- Outside developers and coders – difficult to find people– outside vendors – etc. Each of your thoughts? Be careful what they promise. They almost never deliver. No way to police their hours.
- Our decision to take everything in house. We currently have in house webmaster, coordinator, intake department and local specialists. We are no longer outsourcing anything with the exception of blogs, social media.
- Adwords for us – not cost effective even fooling around with Adwords in geocentric matters not cost effective.
- Google local, Google maps, Yahoo local – a constant battle. Fighting the algorithmic changes to the three pack and the mightiness of the directories which Google determined to be more relevant and trustworthy than longstanding local businesses. How we are grappling with that.
a. What is anyone else doing in response to the algorithmic change re Google local portions?
b. How much is local part of your business?
- Email newsletters – Constant Contact – what are people doing in that regard?
- Video displays?
- Anyone buying traffic and, if so, finding success?
- Has anyone equated what their costs are per signing up an actual case? (Not assuming the signup will eventually turn into a settlement but just the signup)
- Citation building.
- Legal directories – our implementation and what has the group’s implementation been?
Free Site Audit and Non Recorded Roundtables 4:30-5:30
Chris Dreyer, Joe Mas and William Rock, as well as attorney Michael Ehline and our other experts will be available to do a quick site audit for you using various tools, and naked eye heatmap. After that, it’s off to enjoy Vegas. This is gonna only be available to live attendees.
April 9, 2016 – Final Day
This is the last day of our HIRL and we want to start early, so we can end early and catch some sun, pool and umbrella drinks. So we are starting at 9 am!
Chris Dreyer: 9:00-10:00 am – “Site Architecture, SEO Silos & Link Juice Flow”
Everyone in the Google Plus legal community knows Chris as the honest, midwestern values attorney marketing specialist. This is the guy you can call about an emergency in your Cpanel who gets on it and handles it, so you can focus on court and work. Chris is going to cover site architecture umbrella tactics and strategies, basically taking Bruce Clay’s theories to a whole nother level. I believe that this will present an opportunity for him and William Rock to expand this major necessity into the future.
Andrew Shaffer: 10:30 am – 11:30 am – “Understanding Semantic Search/Writing and Hummingbird Theory”
Andrew is a marketer and a coder. He actually writes algorithms for sites. He is a major expert in writing semantically, and semantic search theory, Hummingbird. He conceived and built accident data center, which is one of the few aggregator type platforms that has pull with Google. This is a special treat and we are honored to have him.
BREAK 12:00-1:00 pm
Conrad Saam: 1:00-200 pm – “Stupendous linkbuilding: We review some case studies of outstanding linkbuilding campaigns that go far beyond the typical stuff done by “SEO’s”. These are expensive, creative, uncertain, hard to replicate and…. amazing at increasing natural search traffic. ”
Michael Ehline 2:00-3:00 pm – “Getting Yelp! Reviews that Stick”
Ehline is already know by everyone. Ehline will discuss how to get Yelp! reviews that stick! It’s not that hard, once you realize that everyone is a CLIENT with a user experience, especially your friends on social sites! Check it out. This will NOT be shown live on the HIRL, nor will it be recorded.
Posts by Michael Ehline
- Program and Syllabus COLT Con 2017
- Las Vegas 2017 Circle of Legal Trust Convention - April 20, 2017-April 22, 2017
- Branding for Attorneys and Law Firms 101
- Problem Avoidance 101 for Attorneys and Social Media
- Penguin, Lawyers and the New SEO Landscape
- Building Meaningful and Effective Web Content
- Joe Mas takes the Award for 2016 for Best Speaker
- Trust Con Las Vegas 2016 Was a Hit!
- Legal Branding and Notoriety Just Got Easier for Attorneys!
- Utilizing Experience to the Fullest