It was reported earlier that Google’s Matt Cutts talked at SMX last week that Google would be releasing a refresh to the widely known and infamous Panda update. The update is scheduled to be released either on Friday or Monday, today, and with the arrival of Friday, the Panda update was there to greet the end of the week. Have you , or any Los Angeles attorneys noticed anything jarring or jolting?
There has been some forum chatter by Barry Schwartz, alluding to webmasters already experiencing the effects of the refresh. This indicates that the update is coming out. Schwartz said that there were signs of the update on Thursday afternoon and it has been commented on before, it isn’t unusual for Google to do this on a Friday.
This could be the last time we see Google push an update, since this Panda update is not one of the typical ones released by the search engine giant, who also had an announcement for it.
A Cutts quote from SMX included:
“Instead of having a huge change that occurs on a specific day, in the future it is more likely that future Panda updates will be deployed slowly as we rebuild the index. That will make it less likely to see the large changes of the past.” Sounds more like the dynamic updates of old.” (Source.)
It isn’t clear what the impact of this Panda update will have on websites, but from past experience webmasters know it is not likely to make things anymore simple. The original Panda just turned two years old recently and opinions about the Google search results since its release differ. Let us know if anything happened to your legal website.
Posts by Michael Ehline
- Program and Syllabus COLT Con 2017 - Palazzo Hotel
- Las Vegas 2017 Circle of Legal Trust Convention - April 20, 2017-April 22, 2017
- Branding for Attorneys and Law Firms 101
- Problem Avoidance 101 for Attorneys and Social Media
- Penguin, Lawyers and the New SEO Landscape
- Building Meaningful and Effective Web Content
- Joe Mas takes the Award for 2016 for Best Speaker
- Trust Con Las Vegas 2016 Was a Hit!
- Legal Branding and Notoriety Just Got Easier for Attorneys!
- Program for April Vegas 7th-9th