Regulators Aim for Google’s Heart
The fight between the highly progressive European Union and Google is just starting. The two entities will not give up. EU regulators are fast on Google’s trail for allegedly using its influence to manipulate many aspects of tech. The EU considers the web giant a monopoly. Google faces some antitrust cases and suits. All of these are of incredible concern for Americans watching. The fallout likely creates a precedent for American courts and regulators. All of this could rapidly change the face of your phone, internet and more.
Seeking Alpha covered the situation. The case is seven years in the making. Google was officially charged with making anti-competitive moves in April 2015. Of course, Microsoft got in the act. All of these factors together influenced the EU courts. Each one hated the fact that Google used its power to affect web ads. All of this resulted in an incredible $2.7 billion fine. Its parent company Alphabet already hired a slew of European attorneys, fighting back in appeal. Furthermore, two other major cases are pending against Google.
Rise of the Little Web Giants
All of this revolves around smaller sites being able to survive simply. Google used its powers to push down smaller sites and ad providers. This made it very difficult for them to survive in such an atmosphere. Also, Google seemed to relish in such a case. However, it did not expect for regulators from across the pond to act.
Furthermore, Google faces some other issues. Consumers are watching. So are other legal officials from across the globe. Each one considers what is happening. Each one knows that Google’s days as the monopoly of the search world may come to an end.
For more info, keep it tuned here. The Ehline Law Firm APLC will continue our coverage of the legal aspects of Google’s massive fights.
Posts by Michael Ehline
- A Difficult Question for Firms of Any Size
- Considering the Size and Growth of Your Office
- The Need for Modern Tech in a Modern World
- Running a Well-Oiled Machine
- Vacaville Case May Shift Police Brutality Precedent
- Lawsuit Over Police Brutality of a Senior
- Not the First Time Google Abused Such Power?
- PR, Social Media, Content Marketing & SEO – A World of Rapid Changes
- How Will Google's EU Fines Affect PPC Bids?
- EU Slaps Google with More Antitrust Allegations